Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bus Back to Skopje

Bus to Skopje.

Here are a couple of rather interesting and unusual pics from the airport in Ohrid...







The first seems to imply that guns are ok - just declare than them and you're ok.

The second poster seems to show a party and someone firing into the air. I'm going to have to find out from an Esperantist in Macedonia to be sure, but it seems to be a community service announcement against random firing of guns at weddings etc. (Due to the alarmingly high number of people that get hit when the bullet comes down).

Here's a pic I took of one of the streets back down to the water from the church. Very pleasant.



Ended up with a really good taxi driver in Ohrid. Well, he had a bit of a bluff. He said he could use the meter but that I shouldn't complain if the price was higher than he offered. I knocked him down by 50 denars and took the offer but out of curiosity I should have gone for the meter.

He did a great job getting me on the three o'clock bus just as it was leaving but I'm not sure whether I got ripped off there either. I suppose I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bus trip was terribly cramped as usual.

I ended up at the same hotel that I complained about before. It might be crap but it's reasonably cheap and it's close to the bus station and the centre of town.

Eight in the evening and 33 degrees.

I think I'm ready for a new country.

My Russian Esperantist traveling companion has already moved on - she caught a plane from Ohrid to Moscow this morning. Some problem back home apparently. Or perhaps she just got sick of me - no that couldn't be it surely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home