Thursday, August 31, 2006

More from Skopje

They have a pretty civilised way of making phone calls here. You go into the post-office and just pick up one of the phones and dial and there's a meter next to it which tells you how much it's costing, then you pay at the end. I took a photo of one of these phones then as we were going out the door a woman called us back. I suspected what was coming and if I'd been by myself would have just kept walking to see what lengths she'd go to to protect the secrecy of their phone system. Yes, she wanted me to delete the image. How stupid can you be! Of course I started carrying on and demanded they call the police. That would have been funny - the police turn up...
- What's the problem
- Arrest him, he took a photo of one of our public phones!
In the end I just deleted one of the several pics I'd taken. So of course I must now include a pic of the phone in my blog.




Nine o'clock at night and 28 degrees. I think that's the reason for all the outside drinking - the weather is perfect for it. Here and in Niš there is beer everywhere but no drunks. What's wrong with these people!

I'm now sitting outside at some cafe/bar in the suburbs. It's great. Would it have been the end of the world if in Hobart people could sit outside in Landsdowne Crescent or somewhere and enjoy a beer and a chat without all the licensing regulations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home