Friday, August 18, 2006

Food and Drink in Sarajevo

Wandered into a bar in Sarajevo where the beer is less than one dollar and a huge shot of grappa is less than 50 cents. No wonder it seemed to be populated by drunks.

Followed that by finding another similar bar but this one had an accordionist in one corner and sitting opposite him was a bloke singing.


They played and sang for about three hours non-stop with the whole pub joining in at times. The style of singing was that strange muslim style that sounds similar to the call from the mosques several times a day. Quite remarkable.

Here are a few of my drinking mates.


There was no menu but the woman running the place went out the back and cooked me a couple of dishes.


I started with what I think were stuffed onions and followed that with an omelette.


Great presentation too.
Two beers, two shots and the two meals - about 14 dollars. Pretty good value I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home