Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ferry Trip to Crna Gora

The ferry terminal in Ancona turned out to be chaotic. We were supposed to catch the ferry to Split but the evening sailing was sold out. As usual, the internet timetable was wrong. Well, one should always try to find some fancy interactive page - any static HTML is always suspect.

So it looked like we'd have to overnight in Ancona and catch the morning ferry. But then I spotted the counter for Montenegran lines. As that borders Bosnia I thought I'd make a few enquiries; the result being that I'm not sitting on a ferry with Croatia just visible to the left.

Getting the tickets was a nightmare. Why can't the rest of the world learn to queue??!! There must have been about 50 Albanians crammed up against the ticket windows and this must have gong on for about an hour, with me in the middle there somewhere. The annoying thing is that I should have been served first as the rest of them had cars and were waiting to go stand-by.

Well, I can say I've had a Montenegran beer. With the tongue-twisting name of Nikšiċko.

Along the way we've been joined by another Esperantist; a Korean woman also going to Sarajevo. She's an older woman and like something out of a movie. In some movies you'll see some English woman travelling through Asia and Africa seemingly in all sorts of danger and when threatened will be oblivious and just say don't be silly, pu t that knife away or such. Well, this woman has exactly that style.


This is basically the ferry we took. I took this when we arrived in Montenegro from our ferry, a twin of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home