Friday, August 04, 2006

UK Day 3

Well it finally happened. For some reason someone at the entrance to the main congress area decided to have a look at my id thingo - the one that everyone wears round their neck - and he wouldn't let me in.

He seemed to be at the door all day. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to to stop one genuine Esperantist from hearing some Esperanto. Luckily just about all that interests me happens on the lawn out front.

In any case I did manage to sneak in later. It was some sort of quiz. Absolute crap! A lot of it had to do with finishing Esperanto sayings. Plus between rounds the quizmaster told jokes. Jokes that were so bad and old that it would have been pretty easy to finish the jokes as well. So we only lasted about 15 minutes there.

In the early evening I went to one of the theatre events. Some one man play that seemed to mostly take place below eye-level in a venue without tiered seating so that was a disaster too. I think I lasted about 5 minutes but I wasn't the first to leave either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home