Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday 24th July 2006 - Munich

Well, the hotel's not so bad. Huge room but no need to pay extra just because in theory the room could hold 6 people.

Got thrown out of my first place today. I was at an outside beer place for breakfast (of course) and Katja was waiting for her chair to be cleaned and when the waitress came over and started cleaning the table I just mentioned to her that she might clean the seat as well and she went off and said 'I can't do everything at once blah, blah, blah' so I mentioned something about her being in a bad mood. If she hadn't thrown me out I would have left with a flourish anyhow. When I saw that the other places were packed and hers was empty of course I pointed that out at the top of my voice.

Beer for breakfast seems to be a common thing in Germany. How on earth is it that those German cars keep running? Maybe they're all made in China or something?

Checked on hotels and it seems the cheapest hotel is just under $100 Australian - and that's with the toilet and bathroom in the hall. Needless to say I'm leaving tomorrow. Probably I could have found something on the internet but we live and learn.

Did nothing today but wander around and check out the three suburbs that got a big write-up in the Munich in your pocket guide. Apart from some really interesting Persian restaurants nothing lived up to the hype.

Oh, we've got an appointment tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock. We had to share a table at one of the many meals we had this evening and a bloke we had to share with decided he'll show us Munich tomorrow morning before we head off for Switzerland. Should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home