Sunday, August 20, 2006

Saturday at the IJK

Now trying to juggle my money so I don't get stuck with a heap of Bosnian money. It's bloody annoying as they take Euros at the constant exchange rate of 2 to 1 which would make things very convenient - provided one had the forethought to leave oneself with some Euros. Well I've get a 100 Euro note but if I use that I'll get the change in Bosnian Marka which will defeat the purpose of the exercise.

Even made it into the evening concert and the so-called international evening. My Bosnian teacher is apparently a famous Esperanto singer - I had no idea. Weird to see him up on the stage.

The international evening was a bit of an open-mike sort of event. The Japanese did the usual thing with kimonos and samisen. A couple of sketches went on for a bit too long. I suppose James and I are going to have to learn Waltzing Matilda and I Still Call Australia Home... or maybe Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport (if I can find a wobble board in Vietnam) for the next IJK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home